Follow the letters and thoughts flowing from the heart of Marcelo as a response to a Divine and Sovereign Presence who comforts, encourages and continually motivates his smile, even amidst the troubles he is facing.
Pray for Marcelo and his wife Ruth; in this blog you will also discover how you can help.

Friday, October 23, 2009

What a privilege!

My dear children, relatives and friends,

This morning while nurses went through the normal procedures for giving medications and checking blood pressure and temperature, I sat next to Marcelo, his feet on the edge of the bed and I caressing him.  I soon realized that he had fallen asleep. After they left I got up to fix something and he opened his eyes and told me: "My Dear, it was so good to sense you by my side, can you please come back? I need you to be next to me."

My beloved friends, I give Glory to God for this privilege of being an aid and comfort to my dear husband. I know hundreds of you would also love to be here next to him to encourage him and lift his spirits, but God has chosen me and I want to fulfill this mission with all loyalty and love.

I want to thank all of you from the depths of my heart for the support that each of you has given us.  Please know that despite not being here that your prayers have been felt.

The results of lab tests today (22 October) have arrived, and all measurements are down: White Blood Cell Count 300, hemoglobin 8,700, hematocrit 24,800 and platelets 10,000. He has received platelets today.

Well my dear ones, thank you for your kindness caring, and  from many that we do not know directly but are brothers and sisters in Christ.

A strong and warm embrace, 

In Christ,


Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment